Vicidial open source contact center customers can begin recording their customer calls with a robust third party recording solution like OrecX. The OrecX audio and screen recording software integrates easily with VICIdial, and each recording is tagged with the correct meta data even if agents are on a single uninterrupted SIP session on the extension side.
VICIdial is a set of programs that are designed to interact with the Asterisk Open-Source PBX Phone system to act as a complete inbound/outbound call center suite.
Oreka VICIdial Call Recording supports both inbound and outbound campaigns, is capable of tagging recordings with agent IDs, and it allows clients to search, find and categorize recordings based on time or date of call, incoming phone number, outgoing phone number or other customer requirements. OrecX runs on either Linux or Windows operating systems and integrates with any phone system.
"We recommend OrecX, which is a passive VoIP recording product. We have several clients that use it, and it allows for many other options like agent screen recording too," said Matt Florell, President VICIdial Group. "The basic recording core of OrecX is free."
Oreka GPL is a free, VoIP-ready, open source call recording software, which can capture and retrieve calls via a browser-based interface. Downloaded for free, the Oreka GPL open source voice call recording software is the only free open source recording software on the planet that can be downloaded in just 30 minutes and requires no maintenance.
The inherent advantages of open source platforms are well chronicled, and include:
- Control for long-term planning
- Speed to market
- Meet the broadest set of use cases
- Easier to operate since no proprietary knowledge is required
- Agility to innovate as the enterprise evolves
- Higher quality design, from extensive peer review and testing
- Solution design adapts to existing operating environment
- Lowest cost licensing and support models
- Software longevity (i.e. evergreen)
- Access to broad-based value-add ecosystems
- Innovation-based business model
- Vendor lock-ins are eliminated