Questions to Ask Yourself...
- Does this vendor seem to really understand my unique business challenges, and does it have relevant experience it can speak to?
- What do I primarily need this solution to help me with?
- Do I want to capture all calls or merely a sampling of calls?
- Am I considering the needs of all my constituents? Managers? Business users? Technical staff? Sales? Marketing? Product Development? Legal?
- What is my budget? Do I have additional budget for implementation and support?
- How many seats do I need?
Questions to Ask the Vendor...
- Is the solution designed to address my specific industry and regulatory requirements?
- How long have you been in business?
- Who are some of your similar customers?
- What makes your business/solution unique?
- What is your innovation roadmap?
Questions About the Product...
- Is the solution designed primarily for my size/type of company?
- Am I going to pay for features really designed for a different size organization?
- Does this product support multi-site and multi-tenant capabilities in case I need them?
- Can the solution scale to support my organization’s growth?
- What does the implementation process look like? Does it cost anything?
- What is required to manage and maintain the system?
- How open and interoperable is the solution, given my current IT environment?
- What capabilities does the solution have to support my regulatory and industry requirements (e.g. HIPAA, PCI-DSS, Telemarketing Sales Rule, TCPA, GDPR, MiFID II etc.)?
- Does the solution come with all the functionality I need, or do I have to purchase separate modules for each business requirement?
- Which PBX switches are supported?
- Is there an open API to integrate to/from third party CRM, analytics, etc.?