Call recording laws by state in the United States can vary greatly from one state to another. Thirty six states have one-party consent rules while the remaining states have an all-party consent policy. As many of your U.S. based conference calls can consist of parties from multiple states, it is important to understand the laws from each state.
Here are some resources to help you understand the call recording laws by state:
- MWL Law - Laws on Recording Conversations in all 50 States
- Digital Media Law Project - State Law: Recording
- JUSTIA - Recording Phone Calls and Conversations
- ExecVision - Primer on Call Recording Laws
- Top Class Actions - What California Laws Address Recording Phone Calls?
- Practical Law Intellectual Property & Technology - State Telephone Recording Laws Chart: Overview
- Smith Marco, PC (Attorney at Law) - Call Recording Laws by State
OrecX is simply providing public resources to help you understand call recording laws by state. We are, by no means, providing any type of legal advice.